Friday, September 25, 2009

a quiet moment

I am wide awake, not really part of my plan today, but where that would normally piss me off, today I am not rattled. It's probably the sizeable amount of wine I drank throughout the evening yesterday that did the trick, kicking me out of sleep's oblivion-cocoon earlier than planned. But what an opportunity afforded to me!!

I'm sitting on the private terrace of the room of my penthouse suite in Manhattan just off Central Park in one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in during my life, watching the dawn. I figured that was a far better choice than lying in bed trying for sleep that I'm pretty sure will elude me for the rest of the 'night.' After all, how many sunrises will I get to see 17 floors up in one of the nicest parts of Manhattan? How many more sunrises will I get to see period, for that matter?

The hotel robe and my pajamas are lovely-warm in the cool of the early morning. Nathan lies slumbering inside. We are staying with my parents, and I wonder if my Mother is lying awake in their own suite on the other side of the building.

The dawn is beautiful. I am so incredibly luckiy to be having this experience. The day is full of the promise of all our fun plans over the rest of our vacation, not to mention the promise of coffee, and this quiet moment here amongst so many yet isolated in rare luxury and privacy is truly priceless. I will never forget this moment.

Good morning to you from New York, in the middle of the 36th year of my life and the second day of our long and lovely trip.

Sent from my iPhone. ;)

~ C

1 comment:

Scottish Kilt said...

Hey I am johni preet working in coffee shop .Buy espresso capsules
and coffee capsules
online from our wonderfull collection .
This is one stop shop for all types of espresso capsules.
All variety of espresso availble for you

Address

Kitiou 7B, 2322, Kato Lakatamia,

Nicosia, Cyprus

email: info@caffinicyprus.com
Tel.22-256750
99-671984